Thursday, July 15, 2010

Don't you fox me.....

Is one of the many lines you will hear in my household on a daily basis...let me explain...KK is 2 1/2 years old and has been developing quite a "diva-like" personality. She is testing waters and boundaries and we are quickly developing the rights and wrongs, while choosing our battles carefully.

She has begun to "talk back" at times, and usually we can nip it in the bud without much fuss, however, when she is feeling especially feisty she makes this odd noise (and face for that matter) in order to "talk back" without "talking about". The first time this happened...I wanted to giggle because it is quite funny, however, once you laugh as a parent you have lost all leverage. So I looked at her and asked what she was doing and as serious as can be, she told me she was being a fox. Still not really sure where this came from....but now it is apart of our lives.

However, now when she says it...I do not feel like laughing...it actually bothers me because I know she is trying to sass me, so therefore, out of my mouth comes "Don't you fox me...." as serious as can be. Ahh...parenting...cracks me up sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment