Monday, December 19, 2011

Random catch up post....

(Truth be told...I started this last week....and I am just now getting around to posting it...)

So with the Christmas time approaching (way too) quickly....I have not hardly posted or even felt like I had anything to post about....we are busy just hanging out, cleaning, crafting, decorating, baking and whatever else we can add to our plate :)

But I figured I would jot down a few things that I have had on my mind....

1.  Twinkle lights....I think they are my favorite ever...I love our house this time of year because of the glow of twinkle lights....it is so much fun!  The kids really get a kick out of it....kinda wish it was stylish to have lights year 'round.

2.  My daughter....at the ripe ol' age of four...she has such a big heart!  We have been gathering donations for a local foundation and she has been such a HUGE help...I really want to raise children that think "give" instead of "get"...and this time of year is especially hard because of all the toy advertising hoopla...I love getting a gift as well as the next person...but I want her (and the boys as they get old enough to understand) to have an appreciation for helping others.  While cleaning her room, she filled up a HUGE bag of toys and various things to give away.

3.  Austin....he is a crazy walker!!  He is absolutely all over the place...he went from a step or two to being all over the place in a matter of 24 hours....crazy, but so amazing to see!

4.  Wreaths....I have been crafting it up again...I LOVE making wreaths for friends.  I made them for Christmas gifts for the women I work with and also my sister-in-laws.  I had such a blast making themm...I had planned on giving them at the first of the month, however, they were just delivered today....oops :)  Good things all the ladies know that I have 4 kiddos that keep my hands busy 95% of the time, so they are super understanding!

5.  Teachers....I feel so blessed for the MDO and Preschool program my kids attend....we have the absolute BEST teachers.  These women that give their time, love and teachings to my children, as well as so many others.  They are truly angels in my life!  I trust my kids with them and more importantly my kiddos trust and LOVE them.  I love picking them up during the week...they always have a new story to tell about school and come home with the best crafts.  We have added many sweet things to our Christmas collection.

(This is where I left off....so now I will finish up LOL)

6. My husband....last week we went and saw New Year's Eve....LOVED IT!  The best part was that I met him at the theatre...I saw him before he saw me and I got butterflies...and a goofy grin on my face :)  Then he turned around and had the same goofy grin...so wonderful to know after 7 years and 4 kids...we still got it :)

7.  Office Food....I don't know what it is about this time of year...but I eat EVERYTHING....working at an office, there is always food available and NONE of it is good for you....cookies, candy, flavored popcorn, etc etc etc....The new year is going to bring on a new excerise regimen...

8.  Christmas Cards....I love checking the mail right now!  I am getting at least one card a day and it is so fun to see my friends (and their sweet families) faces....

9.  School is out....so my kids are going to be SO incredibly bored with me and Kev....no really...they always do such cool things at school...it will be interesting to see what we come up with for entertainment....I am pretty sure it will consists of boxes, dress up, and crazy imagination...my favorites :)

10.  I got served....well at least I am going to get my serve on...at church that is....we have been attending our church for over a year now and we have truly loved where it has taken our life...marriage, parenting, with friends and just life in general....Kevin started serving Sunday and I start Wednesday...I am so excited to give back and meet new people.  So blessed to have found a church we feel like we are growing into and not away from :)

Well...the countdown is officially on until Christmas!  I am just glad all my shopping is done!!  All the wrapping is done except for a couple of gifts for my nephews :)  I plan on doing a MEGA Christmas post with activities, traditions and decorations in the next couple of days :)  Until then.....


No comments:

Post a Comment