Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Fed Ex man....my new best friend

Well...I finally broke down and decided it was time for some shopping. Little man is almost 6 months old and I feel like I am the size I am going to be from this point on, so I hit the Internet and found a few sales at my favorite stores and made a few purchases.

I normally do not shop online...actually, I never shop online. Shopping was always a fun activity for me...trying on various things, lunch with mom, more shopping, etc. However, these days, with 4 kids, a trip to the mall is actually quite crazy! I understand though, the last thing a 3 year old, 2 one year olds and a 5 month old want to do is sit in strollers for hours while mommy tries on clothes....so hitting the computer keys was the next best thing :)

And the best part of all, the knock on the door and the package on your doorstep :) So fun! I have always loved getting a present...and this week I have recieved a 3 packages!! So I figured, I would post a few of my purchases that I will be wearing this spring...I tried to build on a few items and want to add in a few accessories. I am going to make a SERIOUS donation here in the next couple of weeks of pretty much 90% of my current closet. My new rule is that for every one thing coming in, two things must go out. I am ready to downsize on things...

Drumroll......

Denim Shorts - Old Navy
I am not always a huge denim shorts person, but I figured I could use one affordable pair. I really like the length on these and that they can be dressed up or down. I am a little concerned with how they will wash...definitely will not dry them!



Colored shorts - J.Crew
So...I have become OBSESSED with peacock blue...I want it everywhere...my house, my wardrobe...so when I saw these on-line I knew that I had to have them. I actually was good though and waited until a sale hit :)



Skirt - Ann Taylor Loft

I love a skirt I can dress up or down. This is a great neutral color and I can't wait to add in pops of color. I can see it with heels or flats and it is super comfortable.



Casual Top - J.Crew

So this is my one of my favorite purchases. I love the stripe and the warmth of the color. It is super comfortable and is a flattering cut. The cutest part to me is that it buttons down the back.



Dressy Top (for me) - Gap

So I don't often have a reason to "dress up". I stay in my mom gear (aka pajamas for me LOL) most days, but I figured for a date night with the hubs I could break out something that was a little girly and cute. I love this top because of the cut. I am looking forward to wearing it!



The White Jean - Gap

So I have jumped out of my comfort zone and went with something trendy this year...the white skinny jean. Crazy? Yes, but I couldn't help it. I have seen it worn in such great ways, I figured I would try. I will definitley not be wearing these around the boys....but again a date night with the hubs or an outing with friends, I think these would be perfect!



So there you have it...I have some basic tees and capris and flip flops that I will spend most of my time in, but a few new pieces felt great to add to the closet. I am excited to clean out the old and downsize. Ready for the sun so I can get some use out of these items...good thing I will be in Orlando in 4 days :)

Off to watch my DVR'd shows :)

1 comment:

  1. My husband is a FedEx pilot, so you're welcome. :) I love the stuff you bought...could never be brave enough for the white skinnies, though.

    ReplyDelete