Monday, November 14, 2011

Another Birthday recap....

Well.....I had to take a brief break from everything....birthday week did me under last week :)  So I shall catch up....on this little guy...


My little man has turned one....I cannot believe it!!  Here is a fun fact...this is the first time I have had a child's first birthday and NOT been pregnant....kinda funny huh?


The picture above was taken at KK's birthday party.....on his actual birthday, which was the day before, we spent it as a family of six at home :)  We had a spaghetti dinner, cake, singing and presents.  The kids had so much fun celebrating with their little brother.  They were so proud of him getting to be a big boy!! 


This is one of my favorite pics....they were singing Happy Birthday!





Austin had a blast opening his presents and playing with his brothers and sister.  We are truly blessed for the amazing people we have in our life that blessed us by giving us sweet gifts.  On the day of his actual birthday....we were rushing around trying to get out of the house to KK's soccer game and I stopped for a moment and looked in Austin's room and tears filled my eyes....Kevin came to see we had everything we needed before heading out and found me....an emotional mess LOL.

I couldn't help but think back to the year before...and the 9 months prior....back to March 2010....it was a Sunday night and the boys were in bed (8 months old) and Katelyn was at my parents house.  Kevin had ran to get us something to drink....and I knew something was different...off...and I happened to have a pregnancy test in the bathroom....so I took it...and within seconds I saw two lines....pregnant.  I immediately broke into tears....I was devasted....not exactly the reaction one should have when seeing such amazing news...but at the time...all I could think about was the fact that I was still nursing twin boys that were 8 months old...and had a little 2 year old girl...and at the time a brand new job. 

It took me a good week of tears....talking....and then prayer to start accepting the news....and honestly...I spent a good part of the pregnancy laughing things off...joking my way through....I had endless questions (from strangers) and interesting stares as I would walk by with my 3 kids and big belly :)  I kept getting the same question over and over..."You have your hands full...HOW are you going to take care of 4 kids....they are so close in age!" and I honestly didn't have an answer....I was so overwhlemed....I realized that after having my little man....

I went into labor on Katelyn's 3rd birthday.....and the little man was born healthy as can be....he was placed in my arms after a little while in the transitional room.....and I looked in his eyes and fell in love.  However....after days in the hospital with blood pressure issues...and a panic attack (self-induced) from the oncoming changes....I finally made my way home...and realized that I couldn't do it alone....but by asking help from the Lord, my family and friends....I would be able to take care of 4 kiddos.  Honestly...I came to find out that the Lord put Austin in my life for such a definite purpose...he is truly my calm in the storm. 

I still have my days that are CRAZY!!  But now I love the craziness....including the last little man....my little caboose :)

3 comments:

  1. Awe, how fun! Happy Bday to your baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See God does know what he is doing! Love you guys and I might have gotten a little teary eyed reading this post :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you little man Austin! So glad we got to hangout last week :)
    Sara

    ReplyDelete