Friday, January 6, 2012

Randomness of 2012

So I have been on a little hiatus...again...but I figured I am sitting here watching some football, so I should go ahead and jot down a few random things...

  • I always feel like short weeks at work always feel MUCH longer than a full week at work...very thankful for today being Friday :)
  • I still have my Christmas tree up....ok...you can quit judging me now :)  I just really, really like the glow of the lights...everything else has been packed and put away up in the attic...but I still don't want to part with the tree...neither does my husband...he even asked me if we could by hearts and decor to put on it for Valentine's :)  Love that guy!
  • I am on an off week of making my bed....I go through these phases that I will get up and make my bed first thing...the kids usually love to help so it is a little activity for us...this last about 2 weeks...then one day I just stop....and about 4 weeks pass by without me making my bed....oh, well
  • I went out for lunch today with co-workers....and we sat on the patio...outside...in January!  So crazy...and when we left I was a little pink from the sun
  • The kids started back at school this week and they were SO HAPPY!  They love their teachers and their school so they were glad to get back to business!
  • Oh...and Austin is such a big boy he has moved up a class...he is growing up crazy fast!
  • We measured the kids height about 5 months ago on a wall in our house...I realized around Christmas that pants were starting to look short, so I thought why not measure again...They have all grown 2 inches or more! 
  • Starting to plan the boys 3rd birthday...so weird....I feel like they should still be babies!  I am really excited about the theme this year
  • Speaking of birthdays...Katelyn already has the theme picked out for her 5th birthday...which is 10 months away :)
  • We are still putting off potty training...I still don't feel like they are ready...at least Carter isn't for sure...I kinda feel lazy...but at the same time I don't want it to become a pressure situation...still hoping they walk up to me one morning and say mom I am going to the potty...and walk off and take care of business...
  • I have a new FAVORITE show...Parenthood...OMG....love it :)  On NYE Kev and I ate Pei Wei by the light of his iphone and watched Netflix on the ipad (bad wind = no electricity)....we decided on Parenthood and have now watched the first two seasons and are all caught up with the third season....so good!
  • I need to do laundry...badly...I mean for real...my laundry pile is taller than me...
  • Who did resolutions??  I made a resolution/challenge for myself this year...repurpose, reuse...I find that I am a shopper...and worse than that...I am an impulse shopper...so I have challenged myself that besides food/toiletries nothing will be bought brand new for the first 90 days of 2012.  I have a closet full of shoes and clothes...our home is comfortable...not perfect by any means but we have all we need...and honestly more than we could ever want.  Also, I am wanting to find some old pieces of furniture that I can repaint/refinish.  We will see how it goes :)
  • Speaking of doing away with things..I have given up Facebook for 3 weeks...our church is doing a cleanse to start off the new year...I have decide to cleanse myself of the social network.  I found myself checking it too much and connecting throught comments, likes and messages....now, if I want to know what is going on, I am going to pick up a phone.  I am also going to spend more time reading the Bible instead of reading people's pages :)  Just refocusing for the new year ;)
Ok...so that is all the randomness I got right now...Good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment