Sunday, January 29, 2012

Thankful....

So the past 4 1/2 months have been amazing....stressful...and full of learning experiences.  The hubs sold out of our busines...all we have ever known....for us.  To dedicate his life as a father and husband and to let God lead him to his next position in life. 

We budgeted and planned (we did okay...although we did find ourselves going over budget here and there) and he took the first 8 weeks just to hang out with me and the kiddos.  Time that I wouldn't trade for anything...time that I never thought we would be able to have together.  It was amazing...we walked the mall, went to movies, museums and played inside and outside as a family.  Again...it was amazing. 

Finally, we knew it was time to start looking for him to join the job force....so he did...he spent time, with the help of a friend, putting together his resume...and sending out and out and out...landed quite a few interviews early on...and would go through the first and the second...only to have a door shut...but he never lost hope.  Kevin knew it wasn't in our time...but His time...and that God would open the right door. 

I was not so full of hope at times...I was beginning to get scared...nervous for providing for a family of six on our dwindling savings and my part-time salary...how silly of me!  Knowing that He will provide for my needs....

As we waited on the most recent opportunity, we both began feeling as though it was truly out of our hands...and that maybe we would have to just take whatever to make things work....

So imagine my surprise when I received a phone call from Kevin today on my way to Tulsa....and his first words, I GOT A JOB!!  His opportunity that we wanted to come through....DID!! 

In God's time....this phrase means so much to me...When we had felt as though we were on rock bottom...and BAM!  answered prayers....but in so much more than the job.  We learned about so much of ourselves during Kevin's work hiatus....as a couple, as a family....he has grown in huge ways as a father and I in being a mother.  Truly sharing the role as parents and building a great foundation.

We have also learned so much about finances...how for awhile we felt that the job would solve all problems with our finances...but when it came down to it we realized our habits would have to change, job or no job.  I pray that we are able to be selfless enough to be able to give BIG to others.  We know that our needs are met and hope that we can help others.

So, I just wanted to document today...and say a big CONGRATS to my husband....he is such an amazing man and I am so thankful to have him in our life!!

1 comment: