Thursday, December 17, 2009

Popcorn and Twizzlers and Disney...OH MY!!


On Sunday afternoon, the hubs, my dad (Papa)and I loaded up the boys and KK and headed to the greatest theatre in Oklahoma, The Warren Theatre.

We were on the mission to see The Princess and the Frog.

Ever since the commercials had started for this movie, KK was sold. She would watch the preview and look at me and ask each time to go see it. I would tell her we would have to wait for it to come out and I would give her a time frame. So as it inched closer, she would get more excited. So as the weekend approached, she asked about it Friday night and all day Saturday. So when Sunday arrived...it was like...well, Christmas!

This was the first trip to the movies for the boys and the second for KK. The first time KK went was with my parents to see Toy Story. So this was the first time for me to witness her excitement upon entering the theatre. It was priceless.

Her eyes lit up and she eyed the concessions (who doesn't?) and after we got our tickets we lined up for treats. So two tubs of popcorn, twizzlers and 3 drinks later we were off to our theatre.

KK sat in between her daddy and her papa and I was on the end with the boys...which did GREAT I might add! They really seemed to enjoy the movie. As the curtain raised (they have an actual curtain) and the movie began, KK's eyes grew large and a smile came across her face with the soft glow of the movie light.

The movie was filled with musical parts that made her dance, funny parts that ended with her laughing (LOUD!), the "bad" guy with dark colors and scketchy tunes that made her scared (she told her daddy she was scared and grabbed his hand to hold...very sweet...all and all it reminded me how magical Disney movies are for a young girl!

All the emotions and giggles...it was truly an amazing time. It took her to a time of princesses and magical frogs where dreams do come true.

So if you get a chance and have a young one...or if you are a young one at heart, I suggest going to see the movie for a great time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment