Thursday, December 3, 2009

And so it begins....

Today it begins....part-time...I have mixed reviews. Growing up I had always wanted to be a "Stay-at-home" mom. I just knew that was my calling. Until, I was 26 and was on maternity leave. I found that I actually missed my being at work.

Crazy?

Maybe...but at the time I had been at my job for 2 years and had developed friendships with a group of amazing people. They were my second family. I mean...come on...I spent at least 40 hours a week there and they loved hearing my stories about my new baby girl. They loved hearing about every doctor's appointment, threw me the best and most surprising shower and came up to see us at the hospital. So going back seemed natural...not to mention financially it made sense. Young married couple, young child...we both needed to work.

Now,with 3 kids under my belt...I have been back at work full-time for 12 weeks and due to circumstances out of my control, I will be part-time from now until June and then I will be gone. Makes me sad...but with daycare, gas and insurance costs...it just doesn't add up!

So now I work Monday-Wednesday and I am off every Thursday and Friday...4 day weekend fun...low pay...not so fun! I know that opportunities present themselves and that the Lord has a plan that I will wait patiently (as patiently as possible) to unfold before me. Keeping eyes and ears...and most importantly heart...wide open!

I do admire those that stay home. I think mothers in general are the most selfless folk...but stay at home mom's take the cake!! To do it all and with a smile on is amazing. It takes me and an army to get through a week...and I am still staring at loads of clean laundry that needs to be folded, dirty laundry that needs to be washed and the constant question of "What can I make for dinner in 3 min flat that my two year old will actually eat"....

So, please wish me luck on the next step in life. I am excited, nervous and happy to see what comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment