Wednesday, December 30, 2009

okay...so I lied...but anyway...

Well...I had the intention of blogging this week...but this week has proven to be more challenging than expected. So I am back and ready to hit the ground running!

So one of my favorite things I have done as a mom is the "holiday" party. Since Katelyn has started her Montessori school in August I have had the pleasure of attending the Halloween and Christmas party. Sooooo fun!!

The best part is about 2 weeks prior to the party they have a super cute sign up sheet at the front desk, which means as a proud momma, I get to participate. So far, I am "cups and napkins" mom. So I love going to Hobby Lobby and finding the cutest ones possible.

Also, I love to get Katelyn all dressed up for her parties in whatever cute ensemble I can come up with...or huge bow that looks bigger than her head :) I have a pretty strong bow policy...so this is just another opportunity to find the perfect one.

For the Christmas party her two year old class, or as they are known, "Busy Bee's", had to bring a wrapped gift for a gift exchange. How cute is that? Girls bought for girls, boys for boys and there was a $6 limit. We went with a "My Little Pony"...I mean what girl could resist that?

The only thing better than gifts...the FOOD! I mean seriously...look at this spread

Please note cute napkins and matching red cups :)

The kids feasted on cheeto puffs...ranch dressing...cupcakes....cookies and fruit punch....all your basic food groups of course! It was a messy and fabulous afternoon. Kevin and I (and the boys) had a great time hanging out with Katelyn and her friends. I am already ready for February and the Valentine's party....on the lookout for the perfect napkin and cups, not to mention the V-day cards that KK will hand out!

I will leave you with a few more pics of the wonderful afternoon!






No comments:

Post a Comment