Sunday, November 8, 2009

Birthday festivities come to an end...

Well, on Wednesday, November 4th, my baby girl turned two...hard to believe. I, being the cheesy mom that I am, made her a shirt to show the world it was her birthday. I don't know what it is...but I feel the need for bling.


The day was perfect...we started the morning with donut holes and ended the day at dinner with my parents.
She then informed me and the hubs that she would be going home in Papa's truck (her way of asking to stay the night with Granny and Papa) and it ended with a pweese :) With her sweet tilt of the head and coy smile...So of course we said yes. Although I did throw in the whole..."2 years ago today, I went through labor to have you and now you don't even want to stay with me..." ha!

Thursday we went to dinner for my mother-in-law's birthday and then Friday was my nephew's birthday party. Which was a very intense nerf war I must add. I had no idea this existed, but it was a hit!

So, then it was Saturday...Katelyn's party day! She had stayed the night with my parents on Friday so we would be able to get everything together for party time. It was so much fun! After a few trips to Hobby Lobby,finding the perfect invitation and theme...we ended up with the following:

Look Whooo's turning two.....

I might have gotten a little owl crazy...and I must add that I made a big deal about NOT making the party a big deal..."she is only turning two!" I would say...well, I am apparently a sucker for parties...especially owl parties. Here are a few of the pics from the party:











We had such a good time at the party! Katelyn was able to play with her cousins and run outside. You can't beat 75 degree weather in November! We are so blessed with such an amazing (and large) family.


I can't believe how big all my kids are getting...KK is now 2 and the boys are 4 1/2 months. Time truly does fly by so fast. It really makes me realize how important it is to take the time to stop whatever I am doing and just hang out and listen to my little ones. Katelyn is always singing new songs, saying new words and showing us a new dance move. She has so much love in her and shows us daily with hugs and kisses. She makes me smile daily and I feel so blessed everyday that the Lord has blessed me in such a way that I have the overwhelming and amazing responsibility to take care of this little girl on earth.

Here is to the beginning of a new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment