Sunday, November 15, 2009

Closing Time....

This past weekend was super fun!

I spent my Friday evening packing all the kids up...which I might add was ridiculous...I mean really what all does a 2 year old girl and 2 4-month old boys need??? Well, alot...between changes of clothes, pj's, blankies, bottles, milk, toys, and medicine (2 of the 3 kids have ear infections, we ended up walking out the door with 5 bags and 2 papasan chairs.

So, on Saturday morning, I dressed the gang in orange and black

GO POKES


and we headed down to my parents, Granny and Papa's house. My parents had agreed...offered actually...to watch all 3 kids for the day and night so me and the hubs could go cheer on the Oklahoma State Cowboys against Texas Tech!


Although it was quite a chilly evening, the hubs and I got to check out the new home of the Cowboys.

Boone Pickens Stadium

Nice, huh? Well after the $$$ that was put into that place...it should be!

I am happy to report...that after 4 quarters of some really UGLY football, the Cowboys walked away (injured) with a "W"...24-17! Now onto Colorado on Thursday night.

Anyway...

It was SO nice to be back in Stillwater. I LOVE the place...everytime I pull into town, I can't help but think back to the craziness of college with my closest friends. Such an amazing experience. I graduated in May 2004, and of course things have changed, but all the main staples are still intact.



The campus looked as beautiful as ever...the picture above is the Student Union.



Ahhh...Joe's...we attempted to go have cheese fries and a beer during the 3rd qtr...however, the place was packed and we were hungry. So we left...but it was still nice to go back to a place with so many memories.

Last, and certainly not least, The Strip. Now, it does not look like much in this picture, however, on any Wed-Sat night during the school year, the street has people walking from one bar to the next. Many a crazy nights happened here...to many to list...and far to embarrassing to post, but this will remain in my top 5 places to have fun.

As the hubs and I walked around I told him that I hoped like crazy that KK and the boys would end up attending Oklahoma State. I can't imagine a better college experience. I can honestly say, I can never look back at say "What if?".

Well...first I want to say thank you to my parents for braving the night with all 3 kiddos! Second, it was a great night walking down memory lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment