Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What goes around, comes around

So the past few days have been rough...for the kids. And me, I guess. It started Sunday evening...KK was at my parents for her usual Sunday night at Granny & Papa's and that evening we received a phone call that Katelyn had a fever of 103.1. Whoa! Nothing is worse than a sick little one and not being able to take it away!


So, needless to say, my days have been filled with:


SpongeBob...or in the words of my daughter..Bob Bob




Dora the Explorer...and might I add...my Spanish is MUCH better than it was just days ago...

The occassional dose of Children's Tylenol...when it hit it's high of 103.1....boo...
Then back to the fun...with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...I wish I could insert my daughter singing this song...she get's very serious about her Mickey Mouse song...

and back to checking the fever...nothing worse than not being able to explain to your 2 year old...

"Yes....I know you feel better...your fever is down...however...you still need to lay down and rest so your body can heal..."

Her response...


"Huh???" (and looking at me like I am a complete moron)

"KK's house (what she calls her room) play momma...PLAY!!!"


Followed with running...running...and more running...full of energy and acting fine...but based on what the thermometer says...NO SCHOOL...which means cabin fever!!
For me...and her...
And now...both boys have fever...so what goes around, comes around...I am just curious when all three kids will not have fever....not a fun cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment