Tuesday, November 3, 2009

November 3rd....a very good day


So I will begin by saying...this will be cheesy...but with good reason. November 3rd is a good day...one year ago today I found out I was pregnant with my second child....which a week later we found out I was actually pregnant with my second AND third child...more on that later..and two years ago today, I went into labor with our first child, KK.

My due date had actually been Halloween...so by this night I was 40 weeks and 3 days pregnant and more than ready for her arrival. The day had begun with a watch party, OSU v. Texas (yes we lost that year too) and we had over our friends Stephanie, Ryan and their daughter Taylor over, as well as our friend Anna.

In order to put myself in labor, I literally was jumping around (I guess trying to shake her out ???). After everyone left, I forced the hubs to head to the mall to walk...and walk and walk. After we mall walked until the place closed, we headed home and I felt yet defeated again...when would this child get here??? I fell asleep on the couch, as I usually did, in the hubs lap.

It wasn't two hours later that my water broke, which I want to add is nothing like the movies... at least in my case. Then, of course, the hubs was asleep and I got to do the whole..."wake up, my water broke, I think I am in labor" much like the movies.

After lots of contractions, monitoring, needles and nerves, the result was the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen.

Who knew 7lbs 2 oz and 21 inches of little girl could be so scary and exciting at the same time.

Fast forward...

So I sit here tonight thinking about how CRAZY it is that all this happened two years ago. Doesn't seem possible....I am so afraid that I will forget the little things she does that makes my heart melt so much. I love that she looks at me and her eyes light up and I am the 2nd coolest person she knows (Her daddy comes first...she is definitely a "Daddy's Girl")

So, I want to share a few things that I hope I never forget:

1. Her favorite song is "Red High Heels" by Kellie Pickler. She calls it "Don't you" and we listen to it on repeat each time we are in the car.

2. Her first word was Iba...I mean beside "mama" and "dada"...Iba was our yorkie...and they were friends.

3. She LOVES to sing...and she does pretty well. Her memory amazes me. She knows the words to so many songs and when she sings them she ALWAYS sways her head from side to side.

4. Her favorite letter is "W"...don't know why really...i think she just likes to say it.

5. She is the biggest helper and cleaner I know...which comes in handy now that we have multiple children. She always looks so proud of herself as she lends a hand. I appreciate her more than she will ever know.

6. She LOVES books...reading is her favorite thing to do at play time. "Read this momma" is what always comes out of her mouth when we get home from school. Currently, the dinosaur book is her favorite.

7. She loves baths and has no fear of the water...she loves to get on her belly and just play. I rarely see this...bath time is KK and daddy time..I just listen to them talk about their days. Very cute!

8. She is super intelligent...I KNOW all parents say this...but I swear the girl is Doogie...(Houser, M.D)

9. My heart literally breaks when she kisses her brothers, dad, granny...dog...anything she does is so kind...makes me want to cry.

10. I love that she refers to her room as "KK's house" and always speaks in 3rd person.

Okay...there are lots more...but that is a start. I know parenting will not always be easier...some times will be more challenging than others. I just feel blessed that the Lord trusted Katelyn to me. She has truly changed my life. Happy "almost" Birthday sweet girl...fun activities ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment