Monday, April 4, 2011

What the sock?

Do you knonw how many socks a family of 6 wears???? Approximately 14,325....minus the ones the dryer eats of course...and today is Monday....laundry day again...and today I am tackling the dreaded sock basket.

When doing laundry, I throw all the loose socks into a basket and tell myself I will do them "later". Very vague...so after a few days of Kev and I complaining that we can't find socks for ourselves or the kids, I decide it is time. So, I have a method to the madness of matching socks, since they range from big man socks to tiny balls of fabric that fit Austin's little foot.

First, I separate adult size from kid size...then the adult size gets separated into white and black socks. Then the kids socks get separated into: girly socks (KK), the twins and Austin. Then I set out to match within each separated group, and then throw away those that don't get a friend.

Whew....this is a process, with the help of Carter and Bryce, takes about an hour and a half. We usually have to stop a couple of times to read a book or two, then try on a sock, walk around and laugh at themselves in daddy's socks, then to separate them from fighting over daddy's socks...it is kinda funny :)

So, they are now down for a nap, and I am going to finish up laundry day and sit back and enjoy some old episodes of Sex in the City....tomorrow I will try to post a weekend recap...it was busy and GREAT!!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment