Thursday, April 7, 2011

Won't you sing along with me?

So, we have just recently broke out the ABC puzzle with the boys. It had been Katelyn's when she was younger and she LOVED it, so we decided it was time for the boys to love some letters.

We have been singing the ABC's for months and they like the beat and Bryce even has some letters down. Carter, on the other hand, is more the mover and shaker instead of the communicator...so he dances a little jig :)

Either way, when I broke out the puzzle, they were both so excited! Carter is great with puzzles and I can tell that both are picking up on letter recognitition. I am a proud mama :)



They both played really well together and we took turns on the letters. Bryce repeats them back very well and Carter's favorites that he will say on O, H, W, I and A. Katelyn likes to sit them down and be the "teacher". She is quite good at her job...they honestly will sit there for her longer than for me. They pretty much think their sister hung the moon.

There is another lil' man that thinks pretty highly of her too...



She is such a good big sister!

Anyway, I am pretty sure the boys will have their ABC's down in no time...it is so cute hearing them try :) Want to know a fun fact? I can sing my ABC's backward to the tune of the alphabet song...I learned it in 5th grade...and I have NEVER forgotten :) My niece used to make me sing it ALL THE TIME...it was what kept me cool in her eyes for an entire 18 months ;)

Well, so glad tomorrow is Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment