Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My little Princess....




I realized as I go through my older posts...I don't dedicate alot of time to my firstborn...Miss KK. She is such a blessing and I smile everytime I see her dancing around and singing. I can't believe how quickly she is growing up...since she is the oldest of 4 kiddos, I think I sometimes believe she should act older than she actually is. Kev has to remind me that she is just 3 years old and still growing up and learning so many lessons.

Honestly, my relationship with her is what really keeps me thinking about my relationship with God. How she is my child, and she sometimes has a hard time focusing on what is important and listening to the plan I have for her day...just like I struggle with being self-reliant and getting side-tracked by things that do not need to take me off the path, the perfect plan, that God has for my life. As i learn more about my relationship with the Lord, Katelyn is learning about her relationship as well.

One of my favorite times of the day is when we sit down to read her devotional Bible.



I bought this for her because I thought it looked precious. Now as she and I work through the book, I realize it is such an amazing book of lessons that allows her and I time to have fellowship together. She really enjoys hearing the stories and the application to her life...and it is amazing how it speaks to me. I definitley recommend this book to anyone with little girls. It has verses, and then applications that a small child can understand and even parts where you can role play stories.

(For the boys I have found the following Bible that I would like to start with them soon.)


Back to my Princess....I love that she is all girl...lip gloss, bows, frills and sassiness...but I am also glad that she is learning that beauty is from within...and that I hope that as we continue our study of the Word together she will have a firm foundation of strength in God that she will face this world and be ready to love and give.

She, of course is typical 3 year old that enjoys a good dramatic fit, and a I have frustrated moments that I feel as though I don't know what to do next...but fortunately we both have HOPE in our hearts and know that we have somewhere to turn to for help...for the One that will always listen.

Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment