Monday, September 19, 2011

Dang Pinterest....

Well...it is really a love/hate relationship...ok, probably more love :)

So yesterday I tackled two Pinterest finds....


Making FUN Crayons
So easy!!  I had gone to etsy to look for flower shaped crayons....and found them, of course, but they were going to be $15 for ten crayons, plus shipping.  No go....So, when I saw this on Pinterest, I tackled it myself.  I went and bought a silicone flower pan for $5 (thank you 50% coupon) and then four packs of crayons....which I scored for 25 cents each....so with my $6 investment, I made myself 16 flower crayons.  I consider this a success :)



Sock Curl
Anyone else heard of this???  Well...it is literally what it says....you curl your hair with a sock.  No heat...and little effort.  You do it the night before...sleep...tada!  Take it down and your hair is fixed...well...kinda.  I have done this twice now....and it still needs some tweaking before I really like it.  I definitely like the idea of it though.  Confused on what I am talking about....go to www.youtube.com and search sock curl (I apologize now if anything creepy pops up LOL).  I watched a couple of tutorials on this....both girls were kinda helpful....and super longwinded....so I will let you find the one you actually like to watch. :)

Anyone else loving Pinterest and having success in things you find???  My favorite thing on Pinterest are the Style Boards....I love all the outfits that are put together....I would like to purchase them all for my fall wardrobe.  I have also enjoyed finding fun stuff for the kiddos...there are endless activities and crafts.  I am hoping to tackle some soon!!

Happy Monday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment