Sunday, September 18, 2011

Things are a changin'.....

Well, I post this so I can document this day in the life of the Guy family....things are a changin'.  I briefly mentioned this in a previous post....but today marks the day of ending a chapter and a new beginning. 

To my hubs....

So today was your last day at work....so crazy!  It seems surreal....you were blessed to have employees send you away with love and support.  I feel so thankful for the people that we have met over the years.

I am proud of the decision we made....we took something that had been placed on our hearts...we talked...we prayed...we went back and forth and ultimately came to a decision as husband and wife, that we thought was the best decision for our family. 

But more than that....I am so amazed by your strength.  You have worked so hard for our family to provide in any way possible.  You are selfless....you have become a man of God and you don't turn back.  When I asked how you were feeling, you smiled and simply said, "Great...." and that you felt that it was God's will so there was no doubt that we were moving in the right direction.  Is it going to be easy...no...but we are prepared for what awaits for us....because we are not alone.

I love you more today than I did when I met you.  We are fortunate for what your previous job has given us....we wouldn't have gotten together if that hadn't been part of our path :)  But now we take a different route and I am here to support you in any capacity that I can. 

Our kids eyes light up, knowing that you will get to spend time with them and take them to the backyard....give them baths and read them their "night, night" stories.  We are so glad to have you home while you figure out what is next. 

I look forward to making a new home with you and our children. 

I love you and I am proud of you,
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment