Monday, September 26, 2011

Push Thomas Push....

All Aboard!

This past weekend we made our annual trip (well...this being our second year...but I know this tradition will continue) to the Oklahoma Railway Museaum for "A Day Out with Thomas.....".

It is such a fun event!  There is tons of activities for the kiddos...a bouncy house (because no party is complete without one....), a magician, a clown that makes balloon goodies, a tent to get your very own Thomas tattoo, a coloring station, a macaroni necklace-making station and of course tables and tables of train sets to play with for everyone.  Oh....and don't let me forget the $10 Thomas balloon :)  All other activities are free :)


You do, of course, have the option to buy a ticket for an actual train ride.  It is nothing fancy...but for kids it is so cool to be on a train, talk to the conductor and look out the window at the world passing by.  The kids absolutely loved it.  You even get a Jr. Engineer certificate that you can take home to color. 

This train ride taught me a few things about my kids....First, KK....she was so excited!  She didn't get frustrated waiting on the ride to start...just sat with a smile.  She was over it about 3 minutes in...and she just preferred me taking pics :)


Second, Bryce....or should I say Mr. No Patience...he did not like waiting for the train to get going...but once the ride started he calmed down...for a moment and then crawled over me and Kev...back over me and Kev...and so on and so forth....that kid cannot sit still :) 


Third, Carter....he was in awe...it was precious really...he sat quietly and watched out the window...he would wave and call to me and Kev to "Look Momma...Look Daddy!"  He taught me a good lesson that day...to get lost in the moment.  There was no other place that little man wanted to be :) 


Last, Austin, he showed me again, that he is the easy going child we know and love.  Didn't make a peep and completely entertained himself :)



We had such a good time as a family.  I love those days that you can getaway and watch the kiddos just get outdoors.  The weather was perfect!  So blessed to have had such a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment