Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lots of firsts going on 'round here....

So in the past couple of weeks we have had lots of firsts....so I figure I would gather it in one post to show you guys what has been going on.....

1.  First day of school....I am fortunate that I have found a place that my kids ADORE...the four of them went last year and they are all returning this year.  Katelyn has switched to the 3 year old preschool program and she is one of "those" kids that LOVES school...she loves the supplies, getting a new bag, school clothes, friends and activities.  She is a mini me....fo' real...It is precious....she actually would prefer going to school daily....but for now she is just there twice a week for a couple of hours and then stays for stay'n'play so it continues into the afternoon.  Carter and Bryce attend twice a week as well, and we have our same teacher for the third time....last year, this past summer and for this year....and she is amazing!!!  The boys think she is the best and even shy little Carter runs right up to her and gives her hugs...and then we have to make him leave...(insert tantrum LOL).  Austin is in the baby room once a week and the ladies just love on the babies and get in the floor and play with them....he is all over the place and loves being able to play with toys without being trampled on by three siblings. 

The three kiddos ready to go....go figure...no Austin...

Miss KK ready to go with bag in hand

KK and her teacher

This is what I got from the boys when I wanted to take their pic....they took off in opposite directions and could have cared less about capturing the moment....


2.  First day of Soccer (practice)....KK is signed up to play soccer this year through her preschool and the Y.  It is so cute....seriously...kids running up and down the field trying to kick the ball....sometimes successful...sometimes not...but they all love it!!  I have pics from her first practice...but none from her first game....boo! Kev had to work and I had a funeral to attend....fortunatley for KK her 3 sets of grandparents were there spoiling her....pretty sure she didn't even realize Kev and I weren't there.


3.  First night of dance....take two!  This is KK's second year in dance....she has been looking forward to dance starting back ALL SUMMER.  She loves to dance...she never walks through a room...she dances through it...it cracks me up.  She is super excited because this year her good friend is joining her in the class.  I am excited because now I have a friend to hang out with during dance :)  It is win/win...

 Miss KK ready to go....
Great first night of dance with a very good friend!!
4.  First stand....as in Austin!!  He is able to stand on his own!!!  He has done it a couple of times and always has the biggest smile....but also a very concentrated look...I wish I had a picture of it!!  I will catch him soon and post :)  It is SUPER CUTE!!
 
5.  First time to wear orange....for the season that is :)  College football is up and going...We are HUGE Oklahoma State fans and we are currently sitting 2-0....Yay us :)  So of course the kids have their gear to wear....so I tried to take a few photos...
 
 
 
Well, that is all I got for now :)  The kids are doing great and enjoying getting back to a routine....I hope you guys are al having a fabulous week!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment