Monday, March 19, 2012

Testing...1...2....testing....1...2...3

This is how I feel lately...I feel as though I am talking into a microphone in an empty arena...and no one can hear me...or in my case, in a house full of kiddos that have decided listening just isn't part of their daily routine....whew...this can be EXTREMELY frustrating....trying to figure out my approach with this during this past weekend has been a little crazy...me and Kevin have looked at each other numerous times with just blank stares...feeling a little lost in this whole parenting thing :) 

Anyway...sorry about the complaining...I will move on to the fun :)

This past weekend was super fun and busy...per usual :) 

1.  Friday I attended a really great luncheon hosted by OSU Business College.  They invited Randi Zuckerberg...the older sister of Mark Zuckerberg...you know the inventor of Facebook....she spoke about her time there as marketing director and talked about the social networking scene these days.  It was very interesting and I was so glad that I got to attend. 

2.  That evening I had my annual gig as the judge for pom tryouts at a local middle school :)  I have been judging for quite a few years now and I love it!  Dancing was always so fun to me and I loved trying out for squads in my prime...so it is fun to see these girls dancing their hearts out :)

3.  I also helped host a couple's shower for a sweet friend of mine that is getting married on Cinco de Mayo!  The theme was "Lucky in Love" get it...St. Patrick's day LOL...The set up was BEAUTIFUL thanks to the talented hostess in charge...we had it at her house and she had a great tablescape.  Do I have any pictures??  Of course not....boo me!


4.  Thanks to my wonderful job, I was blessed with free tickets to Sesame Street Live for the kiddos...honestly we don't watch the show alot...so when it came down to it...the boys FREAKED out...tears, screaming and absolute craziness broke out...it was quite funny...they do not like anything that is a character....however, Katelyn and Austin loved it :)









5.  Possibly my favorite part of the weekend....DATE NIGHT!!  Kev and I have a friend that was out of town for Spring Break and sold their tickets...to us!  YAY!!  We went to the Thunder game and we won!!  So it was a blast :)

6.  This morning we woke up to rain....rain...rain...and the boys were a little sad that they couldn't go outside...but man they had fun staring outside :)  They spotted an earthworm on the porch...which was followed by:

Carter:  Mom, mom there is a snake!
Bryce:  Gross, it is licking the sidewalk....

Random but oh so funny boys!


7.  Went to the grocery store with the family tonight :)  It was fun...and we got everything on the list...including all our friends :)  I think we are good to go on juice....




Anyway....not a whole lot else going on right now :)  Maybe this week I can come up with some fun material to write about...we will see...I am sure the kids will come up with something crazy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment