Friday, February 25, 2011

A Bland Welcome....

This is what greets you as you walk into my home...





blahness (pretty sure I made that up...), boredom, blankness

It is in need of a serious makeover...or just some sort of design in general. However...I keep backing off from the purchase of anything because I need to make sure functionality and design (& budget) meet. With 4 kiddos, we always have bags for all the kids just sitting by the hall closet. I want to find a "home" for all our gear.

So after looking through lots and lots of pics...I came to the conclusion that I would love to re-create the Pottery Barn look....


Love how the baskets are numbered...one for each of us! It seems slim enough to fit in my entry and it has storage, hooks and style! Oh my! It doesn't exactly fit my budget...so I am decided if I want to save save save...or if I want to do a few DIY projects to put together a similar look. Definitely want to find a great coat rack...love it! Stay tuned...

Also, something I would like to tie-in to the entry would be this fun idea (found on marthastewart.com)



I like the idea of using an object for something other than its intended purpose and this looks like a simple project and a great way to display necessary items.

I also would like to replace the overhead light fixture....possibly a chandlier?? That is a whole new can of worms...the internet is swarming with beautiful fixtures. That would probably be a post of its own!

Hopefully the entry will become more of a place that says "Hello!! Welcome!!" instead of "blah, blah, blah".

Off to Dallas for the weekend! Hope everyone has a great one!!

2 comments:

  1. I have recently found that painting makes a huge difference. Also, check out the blogs knockoff decor and copy cat chic. Great ideas for less. Another store to check out is Home Decorators Collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie! I will definitely check out those blogs...and Home Decorators...I keep putting it off...I am terribly indecisive in the world of design and decorating :)

    ReplyDelete