Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Can I get a "Go Pokes!" ?

Well...as an Oklahoma State Alum, I am somewhat of an OSU fan...okay...I am a MAJOR OSU fan. I love my Cowboys...good, bad, winning or losing...I just love the way that watching college sports takes me back to my college experience, which was AMAZING!!

So hands down, my favorite college town is Stillwater. So when I recieved an e-mail on Monday letting me know that OSU v. Harvard tickets were on sale for the first round of the NIT tournament...and for only $10 bucks....I thought to myself, perfect time to take the family to Stillwater :)

However, Tuesday rolled around and unfortunately, Carter decided to have a spike in fever...and my little Austin man had a fever....and Bryce's other ear started to drain...and so when I have three men down...I must make the ultimate sacrifice and hand the tickets over to Kev and send him and KK on their way...without the rest of their team.



You can just see the disappointment in their eyes.....well...maybe I am just imagining that :)

Katelyn was so excited...she wanted to wear her outfit...bring her pom poms...and she must have practiced her "OOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUU.....Cowboys!" and "Go Pokes" at least 100 times before hitting the road.



It was funny...as she practiced her cheers...I asked her if she was going to be a cheerleader when she grew up...and she looked at me and with the most serious look in her eyes...she said, "Mom....I am going to be a doctor..." as though she was insulted...crazy girl!

Well, I got a call when they got to the game and situated and apparently my overzealous cheerleader that left the house ready to bring down the house....crawled in her shell and hugged her dad's leg the whole game...well, that and ate ALOT of popcorn. She told me this morning she had a stomachache because of all the "junk" she ate at the game!

Regardless of her cheering effort...she must have enjoyed her time in Stillwater as much as I used too....because that girl did not roll out of bed until 11am this morning....Definitely not a morning person :)

Well, as a side note I will say, that Oklahoma State came out victorious and will play again on Monday in Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment