Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It's like riding a bike....

As in...actually riding a bike...

In honor of today's cruddy weather....I will write a post about a much nicer day not so long ago...as in last Friday. The state of Oklahoma cracks me up because it can swing from 70 degrees to 39 degrees in a matter of days...anyway...back to the post.

Meet Katelyn....you've seen her before...



This is her on her Dora bike. She got this magnificent gift on her 3rd birthday...which was about 5 months ago. There have not been too many days she has been able to get on and "ride", but I assure you if the sun is out, we are outside and she wants her bike.

Honestly, she is more intrigued with the miniature backpack on the front with map...(all I can hear in my head is "Where are we going??? clap..clap...clap...any other parents out there seen Dora about 1,000 times???) Anyway....and she LOVES her helmet....she tells me it is so she won't break her head, ha!



For the most part, she poses on the bike...sits on the seat and attempts to ride...but she has yet to actually ride the bike. She sure does try hard though. However, when she can't do something as quickly as she would like, she ends up frustrated and then is ready to move on with another activity.



Her daddy is so good with her though...so patient. He is trying to teach her the basics and how it takes time to learn a new trick. He tells her stories of how he used to ride a bike all the time when he was little. It is so sweet.


I do not have much to share in this department....I will let you in on a secret. I have no idea how to ride a bike...true story. I know the mechanics but I have a horrible center and look so awkward when attempting. I didn't ride a bike as a kid, although my Grandpa bought me a purple one with a horn. I was the indoorsy type...lots of barbies, books and books and books. You can imagine what it looks like when I am trying to help her ride....it is quite dysfunctional.



I love seeing her outside and running and playing. I know these are the days I am going to remember...my little girl giggling and her hair blowing in the wind. These will be the days I rewind in my head when she grows up and gets in her car to drive off to go out with friends...or when she is walking down the aisle or having her first baby. There is nothing like playing outside to bring out the kid in you. I am so glad to have such a sweet little girl and have the opportunity to watch her learn new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment