Friday, March 4, 2011

To swim...or not to swim

So I am pretty sure that there has never been a year that I said to myself, "I can't WAIT to try on bathing suits and find the perfect one for this year!"...nope...never has happened.

Usually it is more of a "guess this will do" situation. For the past few summers I have gone to jcrew.com and ordered a solid colored bikini...I like simplicity...and J.Crew makes a great suit.

Well...actually a couple of summers ago, it was Old Navy maternity...which sidetracks me to a great story...I will make it quick...

So it was the summer that I was pregnant with the twins...my c-section was on June 25th and I was put on bed rest on June 1st. We lived with my parents because we had sold our house and we were waiting to close on our new home. So, with my days full of laying on a couch, I didn't have much of a tan. I had decided a little color would make me feel better...and if I had to lay all the time, why not do it in the sun?? So I headed to my parents backyard to layout in the pool on a float.

I put this body in maternity bathing suit bottoms and sports bra...(can't believe I am going to post this pic....and this was a full 4 weeks before the boys were born...WHOA STOMACH!)


Gotta love my husband's t-shirt and shorts that I am wearing ;) It was all that fit!

Are you laughing...because I am :) Anyway...feeling as though I was in the safety of my parents backyard...I waddled to the pool...climbed in and clumsily got on a float, fell of the float and had to fight myself back on the float...got comfortable and right before I closed my eyes to relax...looked up and saw the OGE guy working on the power lines...in my parents backyard!!! How embarrassing...he was just staring at me in shock...and apparently had watched me waddle and me fighting with the float...so after all that work, I got out of the pool and headed back to the house. Never had a tan that summer...go figure :)

Ok...back to the original post...I am heading to Orlando in about 7 weeks...and I need to finalize the swimsuit purchase. I am looking at separates because I think they will serve the purpose of being comfortable and stylish with the ability to chase after 3 kids in floaties and take care of a baby.

Here are my finalists:







Opinions appreciated :)

Anyone else gearing up for swimsuit season?

3 comments:

  1. Candace you are beautiful! I can see you in the blue one so that's my vote!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the blue one. It has straps, so you don't have to worry about the top coming down. That would be embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for the third. I love the ruffles :)

    ReplyDelete