Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend Re-Cap

Hello and happy Monday to all! I hope everyone had a great weekend....I sure did! It was crazy busy but we all survived it without to many tantrums or tears (myself included!).

Friday started with ALOT of errand running to get last minute things for the baby shower on Saturday, so after I was able to pick everything up and dropped off, I headed home to get ready. For what?? Junior High Pom tryouts of course!

Back in the day....about a million years ago, I danced and participated on school pom squads. I loved it...and still do love dancing, so I always get excited during March for judging junior high pom tryouts...it is amazing these young ladies with SO MUCH talent. I have been judging for about 7 or 8 years and the talent just keeps getting better and better...there were 35 girls that tried out this year. You can just see the sparkle in their eye...so sweet! We were fortunate enough to find a great group of 18 girls that I know will have a blast this year cheering on their school and competing.

Woke up Saturday and it was SHOWER DAY! So off to Tiff's house I went to help set up and once I got there, we both put it in overdrive and got everything set up...and it turned out super cute! I would post pictures...but I left my camera at her house...go figure! But we had a great group of friends come and some brought there kiddos, so needless to say there was never a dull moment. Austin got to meet alot of my friends for the first time! Kev brought the three older kids by towards the end of the shower and they got to play and hang out.

As far as the momma-to-be, she got so many cute things! I love baby showers....all the cute loot! Lots of fun little outfits and blankets and baby necessities...she is so good too, because she already has the nursery done and ready for the baby that is due April 11th....however,baby Evan decided to surprise everyone and make his grand appearance last night! He is 4 weeks early, however, him and mom are doing great! I can't wait to go meet him!

Saturday night, I had the opportunity to hang out with some old, high school friends to celebrate a dear friend's 30th! She is so fun too...she always has themed parties and this year was NEON...and let me tell you, people rolled out with some pretty crazy attire...so fun! I didn't stay to late...not feeling 100%...pretty sure the bug has decided to hit me! But it was still nice to have a chance to see everyone!

In the process of going to bed early Saturday...I forgot about daylight savings time...dang that Spring forward!! We woke up late for our normal church service on Sunday...so we went to the one that followed and ended up being lazy for the remainder of the day....

whew!! Woke up this morning with a LONG lists of to-do's for this week...hoping to get it all done!! I hope everyone is having a productive day!!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment