Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2 months

Well Austin....you are 2 months old....



and you are precious.


You are calm in the storm right now. I spend most of my days chasing and playing and reading to two crazy 18 months old and a sweet lil' 3 year old. We, of course get our feeding times together...the quick 15 minute nurse in between the craziness but it is such a sweet time we have together. Then at night, after the 3 older kiddos have gone to bed, you hang out with dad and I in the living room and usually sleep before your last feeding but sometimes we get to hear your sweet coos, see your beautiful eyes and an occassional giggle.

First of all, you are so strong!!



You are a pro at tummy time and you have amazing head control.

You are not very fussy or demanding. You are happy to be fed and hang out in your chair and watch the kids run around you. They of course always stop and give you love pats (or slaps...Carter is a little rough...but no harm done of course!) and kisses. I think honestly though, you are at your happiest when you are on your belly laying down on my chest sleeping. This is one of my happiest times as well.

You eat about 4 oz. every 3 hours. At night, you do a couple of cluster feedings and then you go to bed around 9pm and wake up around 2-3am, eat and then sleep until about 6 or 7 am. Not bad at all...I will take it...the best part, good ol' dad takes care of most of the middle of the night feedings. You have a great dad...and I have a WONDERFUL husband.

I had no idea how things would change once you got here...and I still don't really know because I am to busy in the day to day to ever think of a day that you weren't with us. You fit perfectly into our "Guy" puzzle. I love holding you...and kissing your super soft little fuzzy head. I am much more at ease with you than any of the other kids. Katelyn was the first and I was a ball of nerves...having two at once and a toddler, well, that left my head spinning...and then you came and all of a sudden I trusted myself and God that He gave you to me and I can take care of all of you!

I can't wait to see how you grow and interact with your siblings. You are such a sweet boy and I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment