Sunday, January 9, 2011

Date Night

Hope everyone is inside somewhere warm on this cold Sunday afternoon!! We went to church and to grab some lunch and now we are all home is warm fuzzy pants and intend on staying this way!

We have had a great weekend, which started out with a last minute date night on Friday. Kev and I rarely (as in once every 5-6 months or so) go out on dates. We know it is important so it is part of our resolutions as a couple to spend more one on one time together. Babysitters for 4 kids three years old and younger are hard to come by, so it ends up being my parents. We are thankful they will do this for us!!

We are old school date night people. Meaning, dinner and a movie is the best, and if we only have a couple hours to spare, we love a great (or even bad) movie to go hang out together with a large diet dr. pepper to share and sometimes even popcorn.

Before kids, we would go to the movies once a week. When I was pregnant with Katelyn, we went and walked the mall every Sunday and ended it with a movie. Then after the boys, it was much fewer and far between. What is sad, is that before last night I cannot even remember the last movie we saw in the theatre and I have been thinking and even asked Kevin to try to remember, and neither of us can!

Anyway, it was such a fun time to go and see a movie with my husband. We ended up seeing The Fighter.




It was a great movie! We really enjoyed it! I generally like movies based off true stories about sports. Always leave me with a feelgood feeling. Mark Wahlberg did a great job, and he was so dang buff!! When he was on Ellen he talked about the rigorous workout that he was put through to get a "fighter's" body....pretty intense! Then, I hardly even recognized Christian Bale in the movie because he looked so strung out and SKINNY!! He represented his character really well!! The most surprising performance to me was by Amy Adams...I really love her anyway, so I love seeing her in a movie!!

The movie is up for 5-6 Golden Globes and I am interested in seeing if they win any...I bet they snag a couple!!

Have a great Sunday and talk to you next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment