Thursday, January 20, 2011

Date Night On Demand

So with four kiddos, the hubs and I find it hard to still do a typical date night. You know...a shower, a cute outfit, makeup and loading up in the car to sit down to a meal that someone brings to me and then head to a movie with popcorn and twizzlers. Ahhh...the good ol' days....I kid, I kid....but reality is a babysitter for four is as expensive as the actual date night and grandparents are free but I find it hard to ask them to watch them because they do so much for us all the time.

So, Kev and I have found our alternate version...Movies on Demand :) On Friday night...and even some Saturdays, once we get the kids to bed, we get in our comfy jammies and add in snacks on occassion (I LOVE oreos and milk!!)and flip through all our options on our movies on demand feature with U Verse. Sometimes we pick a new release and other times we pick and oldie but a goodie. I typically fall asleep in his lap and finish watching the movie the next day:)

These are my favorite nights....and it truly is a "date" for us. We finally kick back and talk about our days and have actual conversation, instead of the quick back and forth regarding the kiddos. It is easy to get lost in those conversations...it's not like you don't talk...but when it is always "Is his diaper changed?" "when is his next bottle?" "Did she take a nap today?"...there is always conversation, but sometimes it is just short answers...so to actually still take time for each other to ask about their day and listen to the good and bad really has helpe us appreciate each other. I don't want to wake up in 10 years when the kids are too busy doing their own thing and realize I have no idea who my husband is....that is a big fear of mine. So I am truly trying to concentrate on God first, then my marriage and then my children.

It was sweet tonight though...on our way to eat dinner, Kev and I made a pact that after our kids are too busy for us (ha!) that he and I will go back to dating....makeup, dinner outside the house and movies that will probably be WAY to expensive :) Until then...we will be checking out movies on demand and enjoying being at home with our 4 munchkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment