Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fashion Challenged....

So I will begin by saying, I do not think that I have always been challenged in the realm of fashion, however since I have pregnant for 27 of the last 36 months (not to mention the odd post pregnancy months), my fashion sense got lost somewhere between stretchy pants and nursing bras.

Normally, these days I don't particularly care. I probably should, but I don't. I am happy to be in something that is comfortable, easy to move in and has minimal spit up/snot/baby goo...whatever... on it. Sad huh!

After baby #1, I was still somewhat vain...ready to get that pre-baby body back. Look like that put together mom with a great stroller and cute diaper bag. In my mind I did pretty good...and as my daughter turned one, I hit the second trimester with twins. During the pregnancies I feel like I did a good job of looking my best. I was still working in an office, so obviously there was a dress code and I tried to get out when I could. Then when I found out with the boys being 8 months old and KK 2 years old that I was pregnant with number 4, vain went out the window.

Now I want to fit into my clothes, not because of any size, but because it would be so dang expensive to replace all my jeans :) However, I feel like all my clothes in my closet are COMPLETELY OUT OF STYLE. I have a few key pieces that can go from year to year, no problem, but the last thing you want to do 10 weeks post pregnancy is shop for skinny jeans...but this is exactly what I had to do last night.

A good friend from college is getting married in a month, so this weekend I will head to Dallas to celebrate her "last night" as a single lady! Needless to say, PJ's just wouldn't cut it at a bachelorette party...or around my super cute friends :) So last night Katelyn and I loaded up with a mission in mind to find momma an appropriate, body flattering outfit for the festivities.

After an hour of being defeated...I finally sucked it up and fessed up to how "uncool" I have become. I walked into a store...and when they said "HI! Welcome to _____ let me know if I can help you," I actually said, "YES!" I possibly was a little to excited to welcome the help of a trendy worker put an outfit together so I wouldn't have to think about what went together or didn't. So, in a matter of minutes, I was in the dressing room with my little helper...put on the outfit and BAM! We had a winner! Even Katelyn said..."Mom, your blouse is so pretty"....I love it...where does she get this stuff??? Anyway...I have an outfit to wear...YAY!

Ended up with a shirt that I feel like I will be able to wear for various occassions...a pair of skinny jeans (shocking...I know!) and a great necklace :) I am actually excited to get ready tomorrow!!

So I am off to enjoy 24 hours of no kiddos this weekend...which I feel is much needed. Funny thing is...after 5 minutes on the road, I know I will be calling just to see what they are doing :) Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment