Monday, January 3, 2011

Doctors = No fun....

So the beginning of my year has started with a trip to the doctor...followed by another appointment this week!

I will back track...I have had the honor to have 3 amazing pregnancies...healthy children....and have always been healthy myself. After the first pregnany (Katelyn) I had her the good ol' fashioned way...water broke, epidural, push and TADA! Baby!

The twins were a little tricky...since there were two it posed a few possible problems...mainly the position of the babies, so we scheduled a c-section for June 25th and that was the day they arrived. Healthy without having to worry about NICU (which was a huge fear of mine). So a couple of days in the hospital and then we would head home...or not. My blood pressure decided to go absoulte crazy on me...so after an additional 7 days in the hospital and lots of monitoring I was sent home with meds and lots of check-ups scheduled. After about 12 weeks I was off my medicine and went along my merry way.

Fast forward to pregnancy #3, I was anxious about the blood pressure being affected during the pregnancy but after 38 weeks of pregnancy and no problems I was happy to go in for a second c-section. The days after went well until the final day (or what I thought was the final day) in the hospital and AGAIN the blood pressure went crazy! Another week in the hospital, which I might add is much harder with 3 kids at home and a working husband, I finally went home with meds and check-ups scheduled. A month later everything seem to be back to normal and all meds were gone...until yesterday.

Lucky for me, I now know to listen to my body. Yesterday was a busy day and by the end of it, I knew I felt off. Kevin suggested we head to an Access Medical building to check my blood pressure. Sure enough it was elevated and after talking to the PA, who I might mention had horrible bedside manners...she pretty much had me scared out of mind, I was sent home and told to call my doctor this morning.

I will be headed back to the doctors and back on meds this week. Darn blood pressure!! Please say a prayer that my body will heal and I will be able to get ahold of the blood pressure problem, not too high and not too low...just right :)

On the upside, I have four healthy and smiling kids and we are getting back into our routine after the holidays. They will head back to MDO on Thursday, so they will have a day to go play, play, play!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment